I was tagged in a blog post thing called 5 Random facts about me, by Rebecca Cuneo Keenan. So, I figured I’d do this, and use it as my “About Me” until I get around to writing a real one. So, fact freebie, I am sort of lazy. I don’t usually like chain mail, but this one is self serving, and because I am super superstitious, I will do it! Which leads us right to Random fact #1!!
- I am superstitious. If I make any sort of wish, like on a shooting star, the first star, if I catch a floating wish, if I drive under a bridge when the train is passing over it and lift my feet up, wishing well, wishing pond, mall fountain, four leaf clover, birthday candles, wish bones, eyelashes, and white horses, to name a few, I make my little wish, and follow it up with a NOT LIKE IN THE MONKEY’S PAW. Every time. Because that story COULD HAPPEN.
- I hate scarves. Or turtle-necks, or anything with a collar for the most part. I am hot all the time, so these items are the PITS. This has been the case since I was a child, but guess what? Every year a family member gives me a nice scarf as a gift. I say awww, thanks! Get up, walk over, and throw it right in the garbage can. KIDDING! I just want to see if anyone will actually read this far. I actually get up and throw it in the Goodwill bin. I’m not a monster, you know!
- I am a HUGE NON SMOKER. In fact, I have never tried smoking, ever, in my entire life. I will NEVER try smoking, and I hope my kids follow in my footsteps. I’d love to say it’s because of my high morals and concerns for my health, but I think it’s really based in fear from my mother telling me smoking and the microwave gave her cancer. Which leads us to number four!
- I do not own a microwave. I never have. I always found it funny that parents would make home-made, organic baby food, and then ZAP it. These parents all need a good talking to, by my MOTHER!!!
- I can wear the heck out of a hat!! I am officially calling it, I am a “Hat Girl.” I think I look pretty adorable in any hat, which is great, because you know what is not so adorable? The unwashed birds-nest I tuck under my hats.
So there you have it. 5 random facts about me. Now, I have to tag. I will pick Stephanie Keon, SUPERBLOGGER. You can pick from a number of her amazing blogs to read from, although her posts should come with a cute alert. (You will know what I mean when you see her kids) Her sister, Julie Keon, who will inspire you and break your heart, all at the same time. You should start following her now, before her book comes out, so you can brag you knew her when! Lynne Knowlton, for her style, sassiness, humour, strength and huge heart, and her tree house. Yeah, you heard me, tree house! Last but not least, Jackie Gillard. I have only met her once, but I love her blog and her posts for YMC. She calls tears of joy “Love Bubbles” and it makes me get them, instantly!
Of course, no pressure, Ladies!